* special moth-attracting lights.
* a special moth-attracting rotten-fruit-and-stale beer concoction (taste tests available on request).
* a little talk about why most moths are awesome.
* our traditional unconventional educational video.
* free S'mores. That's right. Free S'mores. Serously.
* A few cool "taxidermied" moths -- a Death's-head Hawkmoth, a Luna Moth, and a Hummingbird Clear-winged Moth.
Here's the listing:
S'mores and Some Moths at the Fell House
Monday, Aug. 10, 8-9:30 p.m.
Learn more about "night-time butterflies," see some amazing moths, and enjoy S'mores at the Fell House's fourth annual Moth Night. The free event -- sponsored by the Fyke Nature Association, the Concerned Citizens of Allendale, National Moth Week, and the Pitkin Foundation -- is open to the public. The Fell House is located at 475 Franklin Turnpike in Allendale, N.J. Rain date is Tuesday, Aug. 11. To rsvp. e-mail Jim Wright at [email protected].